Saturday, May 2, 2009

Week 9 #22

The formerly free World ebook project now costs $8.95. I looked it over and certainly there are many good selections but I would need to browse and download them to a server and then enter them into our catalog. I am not sure I would do the work. I think if the catalog of free ebooks could be integrated into our catalog it would be something worth the effort.

I am trying to find out more about the Google university book scanning project. I have heard a special reader is required and will be provided by Google to libraries. It is an ebook source that I think would be tremendously valuable for our high school researchers.

The
LibriVox site of free audiobooks is one I will add to my website immediately for the use of our visually disabled students.
Also the list of best places for free books is a great link.

No comments: