Friday, February 22, 2008

Thing 20: YouTube

I have been fortunate to have had access to YouTube for a few years. Mostly my students and children have shared their videos with me through YouTube. This year for Christmas my son gave me a Flip video camera so that I can create my own. I think I will start by loaning it to my library assistants to create videos on how to use the library and it resources.

I spend time browsing videos having to do with information literacy. Some of the best work I have found is being done by Cultural Anthropologists. One I particularly like was created by Professor Mike Wesch out of Kansas State University.
The Machine is Us/ing Us.

1 comment:

IrmaPince said...

My gosh. You must be on semester break or something. I can't begin to keep up with you! Way to go.